Radio - VHF Marine Radio IC-M72 - Handheld - Floats - Waterproof
Radio - VHF Marine Radio - Handheld - Waterproof
Compact Body, Great “Form Factor”
A compact design, hourglass body-shape and comfortable side grips give the IC-M72 an outstanding “form factor”–it’s easy to use with just one hand!
Highest available power! 6 Watts
The IC-M72’s 5 Watts of transmit power can carry a conversation a long way. A large capacity 2000mAh Lithium-Ion battery allows for 15–16 hours of operation, under normal conditions. (5% Transmit, 5% Receive, 90% Stand-by)
The M72’s impressive audio output (600mW typ.*) is loud enough to hear in most any marine environment — even over loud engine noise. (* 10% distortion, 8Ù load)
Submersible PLUS (IPX8)
The IC-M72 offers Icom’s best-ever protection against water intrusion. This radio has been tested to survive after being submersed in 1.5m (4.9ft) depth of water for 30 minutes.
Wide Viewing Angle LCD
A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD is used in the IC-M72, offering bright, easy to read characters. The bright LCD backlighting and backlit keypad is great for night time operation.
30% Shorter Antenna
The IC-M72’s antenna is engineered to perform with typical Icom efficiency even though it is nearly 30% shorter than previous Icom marine antenna. Antenna Length: 115mm
- Auto scan function to start scanning when receiving no signal
- Auto power save function
- Battery indicator shows remaining battery power in 4 levels
- Instant access to Ch. 16 and Ch. 9 (or call channel)
- Auto WX scan and WX Alert function
- Simple add/delete TAG scanning operation
- Built-in UT-112 compatible voice scrambler (Depending on version)
- AquaQuake draining function emits a vibrating sound and clears
water away from the speaker grill